During the course of dealing with us, we will ask you to provide us with personal information relating to the courses you are interested in hearing more about and, when attending your course about your health history.
Combat Academy are committed to ensuring that your personal information is used for the purposes it is collected, is kept securely and protects your individual rights to privacy.
What do we mean by ‘your personal data’?
Your personal data means any information that describes or relates to your personal circumstances. Your personal data may identify you directly, for example your name, address, date or birth and your contact number. Your personal data may also identify you indirectly, for example, your employment situation, your physical and mental health history, or any other information that could be associated with your cultural or social identity.
How do we collect your personal data?
We will collect and record your personal data directly from you. You will usually provide information to us in the following ways:
- when you contact us by email, phone or letter
- when you visit our website, and you complete the e-form to request information about the course(s) you are interested in
- if you are a learner undertaking online assessments via our online learning portal
- when you sign up to a training course. This may include your name, address, telephone number, information about the course(s) you are taking
- when attending a course your physical and mental health history
How we use the information we collect
When you contact Combat Academy, we keep a record of your communication. This is used to respond to your enquiry and we may use this information as long as we have your consent, to inform you about other courses and qualifications we think you may be interested in.
What happens to your personal data when it is disclosed to us?
In the course of handling your personal data, we will:
- Record and store your personal data in our paper files, mobile devices and on our computer systems (websites, email, hard drives, and cloud facilities). This information can only be accessed by employees and consultants within our organisation and only when it is necessary to provide our service to you and to perform any administration tasks associated with or incidental to that service.
- Submit your personal data to the awarding body for administration and examination purposes both in paper form and on-line via a secure portal. The provision of this information to a third party is essential in allowing us to progress your qualification or enquiry made on your behalf and to deal with any additional questions or administrative issues that the awarding body may raise.
Sharing your personal data
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following ways:
- We will release your personal information when we are required to do so for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings.
- If you are a learner, we may share your personal information with Ofqual and the awarding body for administration and examination purposes.
Security and retention of your personal data
Your privacy is important to us and we will keep your personal data secure in accordance with our legal responsibilities. We will take reasonable steps to safeguard your personal data against it being accessed unlawfully or maliciously by a third party.
We also expect you to take reasonable steps to safeguard your own privacy when transferring information to us, such as not sending confidential information over unprotected email, ensuring email attachments are password protected or encrypted and only using secure methods of postage when original documentation is being sent to us.
Your personal data will be retained by us either electronically or in paper format for a minimum of three years, or in instances whereby we have legal right to such information we will retain records indefinitely.
Access to your personal data
You have the right to:
- request copies of your personal data that is under our control
- ask us to further explain how we use your personal data
- ask us to correct, delete or require us to restrict or stop using your personal data
- ask us to send an electronic copy of your personal data to another organisation should you wish
- change the basis of any consent you may have provided to enable us to market to you in the future (including withdrawing any consent in its entirety)
You will need to verify your identity before we disclose any personal information to you. All requests will be actioned within 30 days.
Please address all requests for personal information to the Data Protection Officer, Combat Academy, Flourish Enterprises, St Catherine’s House, Tickhill Road, Doncaster DN4 8QP
If we feel we have a legal right not to deal with your request, or to action, it in different way to how you have requested, we will inform you of this at the time.
You should also make contact with us as soon as possible on you becoming aware of any unauthorised disclosure of your personal data, so that we may investigate and fulfil our own obligations.
If you have any concerns or complaints as to how we have handled your personal data you may lodge a complaint with the UK’s data protection regulator, the ICO, who can be contacted through their website at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/or by writing to Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
All calls to our switchboard may be monitored and recorded for training purposes.