A highly advanced course that considers the historic, current and future implications of terrorism, both on a macro and micro level
This is a highly advanced course and one that considers the historic, current and future implications of terrorism, both on a macro and micro level. The course is aimed at security industry professionals, or senior managers within an environment that it exposed to the risk of terrorism.
The course covers:
- Understanding and defining terrorism
- Case studies
- Threat assessment and planning
- Security and prevention
- Reconnaissance, surveillance and counter measures
- Prejudice, radicalisation, hope and fear
- Evacuation and invacuation measures
- Types and methods of attack
- Defence strategies, tactics, concepts and techniques
- Desktop exercises
- Practical counter terrorism exercise
This is one of the, most advanced and progressive courses available outside the security services. Course delivery is blended online and practical learning, although students can opt for either fully taught or blended online learning delivery. The course culminates in a practical counter terrorism exercise, which is an exciting and realistic attack scenario that involves conducting a real life evacuation, crowd control and restraint of a suspected terrorist!
17th August, 23rd October